Monday, January 25, 2010

There's an app for that

Technology certainly has it's good and bad uses.

My computer is a bad use of technology, because it has warped me into a eyeball-to-screen zombie incapable of being without internet and thus contact with the exfernal world (My spell check says exfernal is not a word- but nay I say- because it is from Margarate Atwood's The Year Of The Flood to describe the outside world)

The iPhone, which I consider evil, although I would love to have one, can also be a bad use of technology- all those apps cluttering up your time and brain with more useless things.

But what about the not-so-non-useless things?

"(CNN) -- Alone in the darkness beneath layers of rubble, Dan Woolley felt blood streaming from his head and leg.

Then he remembered -- he had an app for that."

Blood heartily dripping from his scalp, possibly compound fracture and gashed leg threatened Dan's life... and an iPhone app saved it- an app designed to tell you what to do in am emergency.

Considering how much I am bruising, breaking, and bashing myself open, I'm thinking an iPhone might be the route to go... especially with the rumors of AT&T losing exclusivity over it, bwhahahahahaa

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/01/24/haiti.survivor.phone.app/index.html?hpt=C1

No comments: