Friday, November 26, 2010

The Thanksgiving Shit Show

Last night got out of hand in so many ways. I wish I could share, but it was more of a "you had to be there" out of hand in order to not think we were all assholes.

Either way, it was the best Thanksgiving ever. Maybe it was the alcohol, but I got a little teary. I hosted my first turkey day with my room mate Aron, who oddly enough I met on twitter. You'd think this is strange, but with the amount of state/country hopping I've done the past few years, it's about par for finding room mates.

Anywhoodles. I hate Thanksgiving. I've never enjoyed it, and I usually view it as a chore. I'm un-American. But yesterday, I loved it for the first time. I got some awkward giggles about that during my opening speech, but that's cool. When you're moving every three months, you learn to appreciate good people when you find them, and we've got a pretty tight knit intern group in Boulder. I'm going to be pretty sad to see everyone go, but hopefully wherever I land next I'll find a new family.

I won't go into detail about the evening, I'll just leave you with a picture of how it started out and let your mind go from there.

No comments: